Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Packing

I just finished packing my last bag. I'm pretty sure I packed enough for this life and the next one. Of course I packed the essentials, but I also have lots of bug spray, sunscreen, scrubs, toothpaste and toothbrushes to donate, toilet paper (yes, toilet paper) , medical supplies, malaria pills, and even a solar shower since running hot water is lacking. The solar shower actually works and I'm betting that its worth every penny of the 6.97 I paid for it. I also packed tons of food: meal bars, easy mac, instant grits, dried fruit, nuts, and pretzels. I'm not sure about the food in Ghana - more to come on that subject. My two checked bags weigh almost the max and my carryon is stuffed with clothes. My mac and Modern Family DVDs will also be making this voyage. Even though my bags are maxed out, I'm still hoping I packed enough. I've never been gone six weeks and its hard to know exactly what to pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment